Hey everyone!
I am an absolute movie enthusiast. My favorite movies are ones that make me question my entire life and existence. No movie scratches my brain the way one with an insane plot twist does. If the movie doesn't make me feel clinically insane after watching then I don't want it. With that being said, here are some movie reqs I have for all my girlies who love unique and life changing movies I PROMISE you will not forget.
1. THE WAVE (2019)
This movie is absolutely insane. To put it simply, it's mainly about this ordinary guy who takes a random psychedelic substance one night and safe to say.... his life starts to get really bizarre. He starts having frequent hallucinations to the point where his life is flipped completely upside down. The movie ends with a mind-blowing plot twist. This one sat with me for a while and you'll know exactly what I mean if you watch it. I really enjoyed how I didn't really understand what was going on most of the time, but it all ended up coming together perfectly at the end. I don't see people talk about this movie enough, it's so so good!
2. THE TRUMAN SHOW (1998)
This move is just a classic, and if you haven't watched it yet WHAT ARE YOU DOING? The whole concept of The Truman Show is just genius. If you are looking for something mind bending, uncanny, and just overall unnerving this is the movie. It's best to just go into this movie knowing absolutely nothing about it.
3. IT'S WHAT'S INSIDE (2024)
I randomly stumbled on this movie a little bit ago when trying to find something to watch on Netflix. I was so pleasantly surprised when I watched it. This movie has one of the most interesting concepts I've seen in a movie in AWHILE. I could sit here and try to explain to you what this movie is about, but it is best to just go see for yourself. I have such a hard time actually paying attention to movies but I could not take my eyes off the screen the whole entirety of this film. Def go watch this, it's a complete mind twister!
4. COHERENCE (2013)
Once again, this is a film I can just not put into words. To put it best, all of these friends meet up for dinner and find out that there is a rare comet passing that night. Things start to get very strange, and all of their connections with each other gets tested. This movie at times is hard to follow, but I believe that is what makes it so great. You don't really know what is going on half of the time, but at the same time you can also sense what might be happening, and most of the film you are just putting the pieces together to try and understand what situations all of these friends have gotten themselves into. This film from a first glance might seem like your average horror dinner party, but trust me it is so much more than that.
5. BLINK TWICE (2024)
When watching this movie, I genuinely could not look away the whole time. I really had no idea where the plot was going over half of the time, and overall, it was just a really great movie. This film is very intense and almost makes you stop breathing at times, but it is one of those movies that you can just not forget after watching.
This is just the tip of the iceberg on these kinds of movies and I have so much more that I can share as well! Let me know in the comments if you guys want a part two because I spend way too much time watching movies like these ones above :)
Thank you so much for reading!!!
Much love,
Your Average Girl





omg!! i loved it's what's inside too!! me and my friends randomly blind watched it one night and had no idea what we were getting into lol it was sooo good tho! added the other four to my watch list : )
ReplyDeleteThe Truman Show is THAT movie. Love it!
ReplyDelete