Hi everyone!
Currently, I am 20 years old and am going into my junior year of my undergrad in college. I am studying Health Care Admin, and am still unsure what I might do with that upon my graduation. I live in the United States, and grew up and currently reside in the midwest portion. If you stumbled upon this blog, you are probably wondering who tf is this girl?
I am honestly just your average 20 year old girl. Growing up, I switched to different schools twice and ended up on my third school in 4th grade. I didn't particularly like this school but it was where I was stuck since my mom landed a job in this city. I ended up staying at this school until I graduated high school.
I wouldn't say that I was particularly "popular" throughout my time in high school. I feel like there is this huge stigma around enjoying it. Everyone always says "high school is the best time of your life enjoy it, it goes fast!" For me, high school was the worst 4 years of my life. Keep your faith if you are in high school though, college is much better (at least in my opinion, everyone's experiences are different!)
I grew up with two very high strung anxious parents. Naturally, I am an anxious mess. I always thought of this as a curse, but it is secretly my greatest blessing. I go to therapy once a week to work and maintain my high levels of anxiety which makes it much more manageable (medication has helped a lot too lol).
My parents got divorced when I was 16. I was a junior in high school during the time. I feel like a lot of people don't want their parents to get divorced but it was the complete opposite for me. I was so relieved when my parents got divorced. They fought all the time, and I genuinely believe they never really liked each other and just settled with each other because they wanted to create a family. Nonetheless, I am very close with my family, and the dynamic is so much better now that they are separated.
This all is just a snippet into my life. I hope to share my experiences, thoughts, and advice that I have gained throughout my 20 years of life. I hope if anyone sees this that I can help become an advocate for you and your mental health. I hope to make you feel seen and heard. Whatever you are going through, just know you are not alone.
Thanks for reading divas!
No comments:
Post a Comment